Avoiding Ironing

This tip may not save a lot of money, but it definitely saves time. Ever have a dryer full of clothes that you didn't get hung up or folded right away? I keep a small spray bottle of water near my dryer and almost anything that normally needs to be ironed can just be lightly sprayed and hung to dry. No ironing and it works great! I also use it on jean shorts, pocket flaps and hems of shirts that won't lay flat after being dried in the dryer. My clothes look neat without the work of standing over a hot ironing board. By Shirley M - IA

Ironing? What's that? Lol! I have an ironing board but it lives in the shed, waiting patiently for the time I need it to iron a bit of needlework! Firstly go through your wardrobe and remove any clothes that need special care - you know they spend most of the time in your ironing basket anyway - get rid of them! Unless you live in a highrise apartment, line dry your clothes in the breeze to remove creases. Attach them to the line in such a way as to minimise peg marks that will need ironing out. e.g. hang trousers by the bottom of the legs right on top of the front and back leg creases, jumpers under the arms, shirts with the collar folded over the line. When you take your washing in don't just dump it into the basket - fold it neatly as you remove it from the line if it is something you will store on a shelf/in a drawer or carry it quickly indoors over your arm and hang up immediately. Why make ironing by allowing things to become creased in the laundry basket? The other advantage of this method is the incentive to put things away immediately so you don't have baskets of clean laundry lined up at the ironing table. Save time - and save money by not using the dryer unless its raining.

Regards

Jo

Except for a few cotton dress shirts (which I usually only wear to weddings and funerals; I wish people would quit that foolishness!), I never iron anything. I buy clothes that say "little or no ironing", and I always choose "no". But yes, hanging or folding things promptly is the best way I know to keep clean clothes from looking like they've been slept in, no matter how 'permanently pressed' they're supposed to be.

If you truly love hanging clothes outside like I do, you will be getting some wrinkled clothes. No problem. Once they're dry and off the line, put them in your dryer with a washcloth that has a little fabric softener on it. Dry for about 10 minutes and the clothes will be looking great. Personally, I love to iron. But there are days when I feel like skipping that and going the easy route. :-)

I too use a spray bottle... But, I add a little downy fabric softener to the water and it just makes the clothes smell nice longer... Seems to really help relax the wrinkles also! I also take the same spray bottle and go around and freshen up my curtains, furniture, comforters, etc.

If clothes are wrinkled, I put them in the dryer with a wet washcloth for about15 minutes.

I, too, don't like to iron. I usually tumble press my just washed clothes in the dryer on air fluff for just a few minutes and then hang out the clothes.

I like to take hangers and put the blouses and skirts, etc. and hang them directly on the line with clothes pins on the top part of the hanger. When ready to bring in the clothes they are already hung and I just have to put them in the closet. Sure saves time and effort.

Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 27, 2004
Front of a wrinkled shirt.
Preventing Wrinkled Clothing
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Office Illness
Tips for Avoiding Office Illnesses
Photo of a lady yelling at a driver.
Avoiding Road Rage
🎉
🎄