Fruit Soup

My husband remembers this fondly from his childhood summers. He says he and his sister would nag his mother to make this for them. When she would finally make it, it never lasted longer than a day. Then they would start nagging her to make it all over again.

• 3 Tbsp. instant tapioca
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 bananas
  • 1 (6 oz.) can frozen orange juice
  • Salt (I never use salt)
  • Ad
  • 1 can cut pineapple. (I like tidbits, you might like chunks)
  • 1 lb package frozen strawberries (fresh doesn't work as well, unless they are really sweet)

Directions:

Bring water and tapioca to a boil, take off heat and add orange juice (undiluted). Add sliced bananas, strawberries, and pineapple.

I usually double the bananas and orange juice.

Source: This is a old family recipe! My Mother-in-law got it from her Mother-in-law then passed it down to me. I look forward to passing it on to our children as well!

By Doulazahn from Raceland, LA

Didn't last the day! Everyone loves it and is a great tummy pleaser when sugar treats are not on the menu!

Cherry Soup
Fruit Soup Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsJuly 1, 2010
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🎄