Saving Halloween Candy

Save any non-chocolate Halloween candy left over from your hand-outs or collected from what your children have received and will not eat. Place it into a self-seal plastic bag and put it in the freezer to save for next year. I have done this for the past few years and when the season rolls around each October, I'm all set. I've never had to purchase another bag of candy. By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Top Comment

Great idea! You can also freeze chocolate. However, the oils in it "bloom" out while frozen, producing a cloudy appearance. While I would not recommend giving out frozen, year-old chocolate the following Halloween, it can be frozen for your own use. Happy Halloween Everybody!

you can also make a candy wreath for christmas

go to www.livingonadime.com

After looking at experation dates I now buy bagged /wrapped candy after Halloween for the next year. Many of the stores offer it at up to 90% off. Since we do not have little ones, it is a good way to save. I also check out Valentines and Easter candy.Just be sure of the " use by" or "experation" dates are a year or more away.Now adays those experation dates are printed on the products. And many do not have to be kept in the freeze. Just store in an airtight container. GG Vi

Freezing Candy
Freezing Candy
Holidays and Parties Halloween CandyOctober 31, 2008
Dancing Skeleton, Halloween decorations.
Halloween Themed Dance Ideas
Cupcake with a Frankenstein decoration on top.
Making Frankenstein Cupcakes
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Halloween Wedding Ideas
Halloween Wedding Ideas
🎉
🎄