Using a Play Pen for Momma Dog and Her Litter

Used playpens make a great place for your small pet to have their litter. My sister's Chihuahua had puppies a few months ago and she wanted her momma dog to have a safe place to have them and to keep the pups away from the daddy dog and cats in the house. Chihuahua puppies.

She cut a small hole big enough for the cord to a heating pad to use for the puppies when "momma" needed a break. Also, another good idea is you can drape stuff on the sides for privacy so the momma dog doesn't get to nervous with the other pets looking in. Worked great! Closeup of Chi puppy.

By Sarah from Chattanooga, TN

Palypen with dog bed inside.

What a good idea. Does she have homes for all the pups yet?

What beautiful puppies. Thank you for sharing.

All have homes except for one..Ms. Lola.

That's a wonderful idea! I know Momma Dog appreciated it. God bless you!

My mother bred dogs all my life and when I was younger I used to breed them too. Both of us always used a playpen! They are a real life saver for doggy moms and their little families. One thing to specify tho, is that it has to be the kind with the netting, not the wooden slats. Before they came out with the netting ones, Mom used to attach sheer fabric all around the inside of the playpen.

This is wonderful for the female and pups but please be very careful that they can't chew electric cord including the other animals in the house. And the mother can also smell any other animals that come close to her pen. A beautiful little litter may they all find "forever" homes.

Dog With Her Puppies
Caring for a Dog and Her Puppies
Pets Dogs AdviceMay 31, 2007
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Dog With Puppies
Children Around a Pregnant Dog
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews