Product Review: Sticky Paws

Here is something that helps keep cats from scratching furniture.

Sticky Paws is a double-sided tape that adheres to your furniture on one side and is sticky on the other. Cats do not like the stickiness on their paws and as a result do not scratch on the surface.

It does attract hair and other dust particles, so you will need to periodically change the tape.

By April from NY

I used to use a product called Softpaws on my cats. They are little vinyl claw covers that you glue over your cats nails. They last about a month. The only drawback is that your cats has to be used to you clipping their claws or playing around with their claws for you to be able to get them on. My cats were always used to it so it was no problem for me. One of my cats would try like mad to chew them off but gave up after a half hour or so. They saved my couch. Eventually they fall off and you just glue on new ones. They come in a variety of colors too. They have their own website. Well worth it.

I have used the Sticky Paws brand with great success. Once when I ran out, though, I ordered some more from a fairly expensive pet supply catalog and they sent me a "generic" type that didn't work as well. Be sure to stay with the Sticky Paws brand.

This is an excellent product! When used the cat doesn't like the stickiness of the tape and stops scratching.

Wish I learned about this years ago. It can be found in lots of larger pet chains like Petco Petsmart. I have also found it on ebay of all places!

I've used them twice. The first time didn't work on my 10 year old cat because he licked off the sticky part. But I got my mom and stepdad to use them for their 3 year old cats and it's wonderful. I know have 2 9 week old kittens and I use them to keep them off the coffee table and its working like a champ!

Be careful with the sticky paw tape if you leave it on a surface too long it is hard to get off and will discolor leather and vinyl.

Preventing Cats from Scratching Furniture, Kitten with front paws dangling over the front of the couch.
Preventing Cats from Scratching Furniture
Consumer Advice Product Reviews PetsFebruary 2, 2007
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
🎉
🎄