Decorating Cabinets Without Painting

I am doing my kitchen in pears, all colors. I am doing my walls a spiced gingerbread. The trim and ceiling will be a brite white.

I want to paint the ugly wood cabinets white, but live in a rental and can't paint them. I have white knobs on them, but it is still not doing it for me. My floor is like a caramel color. It's a small galley kitchen and very dark.

I have a lot of artificial lighting, but no natural light. Any suggestions on decor or what to do with cabinets? I could use some advise. I don't want too many colors going on.

By Ann from Tipp City, OH

Nice.

I suggest you talk with the owner before you do anything, good luck.

How would it be using stick-on vinyl sheeting, plenty of choices. Remove when you move.

There are products now that profess to adhere to the product then come off easily when you want to remove it. You can get some of that, and some fabric you love, then tack it up at to top and bottom and sides. You might also be able to find kitchen towels with pears on them at the Dollar Tree. Good luck!

PS: If you go to this link, you can find some really nice ideas for pear art, and reproduce it.

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.a ... BECD529AA407FB79&txtSearch=pears

I have an idea for your lighting. I live in the NW and my kitchen is on the north side of the house. My kitchen was very dark. I replaced my flouresent lighting with flouresent bulbs that give a natural daylight color. It made a huge difference. There are incandecent bulbs that give the same color light. It is much brighter and more cheery. The bulbs cost a little bit more.

Perhaps you could remove the cabinet doors and hang some pretty lacy curtains (or whatever design you like) in front of the cabinets using thumbtacks. Just be sure and store the cabinet doors in a safe place so nothing happens to them. Good luck!

This article, Before & After: An $80 Rental Kitchen Makeover, may give you some good ideas if you are considering removing the cabinet doors. I like the idea of using pretty paper inside the cabinets.

http://www.re-nest.com/re-nest/food ... my-50-rental-kitchen-makeover-101151

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenJanuary 25, 2010
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎄
🍂