Trouble Installing Seagate Driver for External Hard Drive

How do I install Seagate driver software? I installed my Seagate external hard drive ST3160026 easily the first time. When I tried to do it again because I changed computers, the installation wizard did not come out. I cannot install the software. Would it be because I connected the drive and the computer one step too soon? Please someone, help.

By ZiZi from Newton, MA

What operating systems are you using? For Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 99% of all Linux distributions, you should not need to install any software for a USB connected external hard-drive.

When you connect an external hard-drive to the USB port, open Explorer, or what-ever file-manager you use, and you should see a new drive letter - for example, if you just have one hard-drive and a DVD/CD drive, these would be (for Windows) C and D, respectively. The external hard-drive would then probably be E.

The installation software is usually just a fancy file-manager application. But if you want to use it, or need it, install it first, then connect the external hard-drive. If you don't have the installation software any more, you should be able to find it here:

Computers TroubleshootingSeptember 10, 2010
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Installing Tile
Installing Tile