Game Ideas for Birthday Party At McDonald's

I'm having a party at McDonald's for my 4 year old son. There's not really a theme, but the party favors are "Construction Pals". I need ideas for at least one game/activity that can be done at the tables.

Sherry from Oxford, MS

i had hubby make lil tool boxes simple wooden ones we painted and i then put names on when they died kinda fancy big letters kids in my preschool class loved taking these home..if anyone has an old polarroid camera the ones that print the pics you could have them wear a const hat and vest and have them hold a play hammer take the pic then have them make foam pic frames to put pics in and sometimes dollar stores have const foams you could check walmart.. simple and fun

Back in the later 1980's when I had my daughter's party at Mc Donald's, THEY did games with the kids... There wasn't really any time to do more as the whole thing was sort of "timed" because there were kids coming for the next party. Call & ask them if THEY do the activities & if you'll have the time to do one game...

For a game for little 4 year olds??? Maybe you could take one zip-lock for each child & in it put together (loosely) a "puzzle" made from brand new clean wing-nuts, bolts & washers & have a race for who dismantles their bolts the quickest.... OR you could give them the parts (as a sort of puzzle) & a piece of wood with 2 or 3 holes drilled in it (to put the bolts in) & see who can put theirs together first... 4 year olds are just beginning to be able to really use their fingers in this manner, so it might be a bit of a challenge. Which could be fun. PLUS, they'll feel like "grown-ups" playing with REAL hardware!

* Another idea, cut up a piece of pegboard (you can buy smaller sections these days) & have them run small bolts through the pegboard holes.

How about bingo? DLTK-Kids (a fabulous site!) has printable bingo cards in various sizes, themes. By four, most kids can manage the game quite nicely. Here is the link for printable, customizable cards: http://www.dltk-cards.com/bingo/bingo1.asp

You can use cut pieces of paper, o-shaped cereal, or whatever as markers (I would suggest m and ms, but who would know who really won--too hard to resist eating the markers!)

When I play with preschoolers, I find that (individual) stickers make fine prizes.

They'll often play over and over, too! (If they're not,you can also give them a crayon to mark their card, too.)

My kids have had several parties at Maccas. Here in Australia they usually have an area set aside for kids parties and they play simple games like pass the parcel, musical bobs Chinese whispers etc. We also added what is on the tray - you put several objects on a tray, let the kids see if for 60 seconds and they ask them to either call out or write out what was on the tray. You can also do this in teams.

Another popular one was to put 2 sets of letters of the alphabet into 2 bags and get the kids to go into groups and get each group to select 2 or 3 letters from each bag. Use a theme eg animals and get them to act as animals beginning with those letters for the others guess.

Simple colouring in sheets and puzzles are also good from sites like DLTK. Also ask what is included in your party plan from Maccas. Ours included the food (happy meal), a party coordinator from Maccas for 30 minutes - she did some games and gave out prizes. We also opted for the ice cream cake. The centre also had a kids play ground which the kids played on for 20 minutes as well. The whole party was 90 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Birthday Party Game
Birthday Party Game Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties GamesMarch 20, 2008
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
wood and rope ring toss game
Ring Toss Game Ideas
🎉
🎄