Chocolate Mint Cookies

I have seen several recipes for Faux Girl Scout Cookies made with Ritz crackers dipped in mint chocolate. I did mine a bit differently.

• Ritz Crackers (whole wheat)
  • Milk Chocolate Morsels
  • Parafin Wax

No Cook Fondant:

• 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter (softened) (not margarine)
  • 1/3 cup light Karo syrup
  • Peppermint Extract (to taste)

Combine Fondant ingredients together to form a soft ball. Put in air tight container.

Melt the chocolate and wax.

Put some Fondant in the middle of a Ritz Cracker and press and form with fingers on top to the edge. When chocolate is melted, use a knife and spread the chocolate over the top and down the edges of the cracker and set on wax paper to dry.

You may prefer to dip the whole cracker. I also have ground up candy canes and sprinkled on top of the wet chocolate. These also freeze well.

By Sarah Ann from Shelton, WA

By Dee (Guest Post) 12/20/2008

These sound good, but our local Dollar General, carries a chocolate mint cookie, $1.00 a box, that tastes just like the Girl Scout cookies.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sarah 2 16 12/20/2008

Hey Dee..
Sometimes you can't beat them dollar stores. Merry Christmas!

Sarah Ann

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By eve 18 136 12/08/2009

Sounds great. I have the original recipe too. It just has melted chocolate, crackers and peppermint drops. I'll have to fool around with this one. I think orange would taste good in the fondant instead of mint.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment