Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Chocolate Mint Cookies

I have seen several recipes for Faux Girl Scout Cookies made with Ritz crackers dipped in mint chocolate. I did mine a bit differently.

Ingredients

• Ritz Crackers (whole wheat)
  • Milk Chocolate Morsels
  • Parafin Wax
No Cook Fondant:
  • 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter (softened) (not margarine)
  • 1/3 cup light Karo syrup
  • Peppermint Extract (to taste)

Directions

Combine Fondant ingredients together to form a soft ball. Put in air tight container.

Melt the chocolate and wax.

Put some Fondant in the middle of a Ritz Cracker and press and form with fingers on top to the edge. When chocolate is melted, use a knife and spread the chocolate over the top and down the edges of the cracker and set on wax paper to dry.

You may prefer to dip the whole cracker. I also have ground up candy canes and sprinkled on top of the wet chocolate. These also freeze well.

By Sarah Ann from Shelton, WA

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By eve [16]12/08/2009

Sounds great. I have the original recipe too. It just has melted chocolate, crackers and peppermint drops. I'll have to fool around with this one. I think orange would taste good in the fondant instead of mint.

By Sarah [1]12/20/2008

Hey Dee..
Sometimes you can't beat them dollar stores. Merry Christmas!

Sarah Ann

By Dee (Guest Post)12/20/2008

These sound good, but our local Dollar General, carries a chocolate mint cookie, $1.00 a box, that tastes just like the Girl Scout cookies.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.