Refrigerator List To Reduce Food Waste

To reduce the amount of food waste in my refrigerator, I keep a running list on my fridge door. I use a pad of paper with a magnet on the back, place it on my refrigerator, and list foods that needs to be used up, such as leftovers and "odd" items (foods I seldom buy), along with which drawer has what fruits that need to be eaten. Without a list, I had too much food thrown away because it got pushed to the back of my fridge and had gone bad or simply just forgotten about.

Keeping a list is a reminder to all my family members of what can/needs to be eaten and sometimes the location in the fridge of where the food can be found. Keeping a running list has worked well in reducing food waste in my house.

By LisaE2 from WI

Eliminating Food Waste
Eliminating Food Waste at Home
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMarch 7, 2011
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Refrigerator Door
Testing a Refrigerator Seal
🎉
🎄