Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend Who Plays Music

My boyfriend is turning 19 and I am now 17years old. I want to give him a present, but I have no idea what would be my present. He likes bands, he even plays guitar, drums, and piano. He really loves music.

By Nana from Philippines

A CD player, some CDs of his favorite song artists, if he sings, a music stand is useful or a microphone, tickets to see his favorite band perform live, new drumsticks, guitar pics, guitar strings and guitar strap with name on it.

Get him a t-shirt or hoodie of his favorite band or a CD or a poster that would work. Maybe ask him does he need something that would help him pursue his music: a guitar book or guitar picks. Go to a music store and look for something.

How about some sheet music?

My 1st husband played lead guitar in a "garage rock" band. He always needed and welcomed guitar picks and strings. Two of my three sons (the ones from that marriage) played drums throughout school and were always breaking their drumsticks. These items are inexpensive and easy to find at your local music store. Drum heads were also a problem for my sons, but replacing one can be expensive. Another idea for a drummer is a "drum pad." It's a flat piece of hard rubber, about the size of a dinner plate. Unless your sweetheart has room enough to have his druns set up where he can practice frequently, a drum pad might be a welcome gift.

Hope one of these ideas helps!

My DH was one of those garage band guys back in the 70's--and he was ALWAYS at the local music store for something or other. If you have one of those locally, how about a gift certificate?

September 18, 2010 Flag

My boyfriend of 2 years is turning 19 here in a couple of weeks. We are both very strong Christians, we met at a church conference through a mutual friend, and started dating shortly after meeting.

He lives in Nebraska, which is about 10 hours away from me, however he is moving to Illinois on the 20th to attend college at the christian university here.

Anyways, I have no idea what to get for him. Last summer my mom (a photographer) took some engagement style photos of us, just for fun, and then for his birthday I put together a book with all the pictures and had it press printed, and then wrote little notes and stories in the margins all around it. I want to do something equally as special and meaningful, especially since it's kind of a combined 2 year anniversary and 19th birthday present.

He loves music, plays guitar, and is teaching himself piano, and sings. So, any ideas of gifts would be greatly appreciated. I don't really have a budget in mind, though I would prefer not spending a ton of money, but anything you can think of is a possibility. Thanks a lot!

By Emily from Champaign, IL

Answers:

If you sing, make him a recording of something you have sung. Are there any upcoming Christian concerts in the area that he would like to attend? Since he is starting college, perhaps get him a t-shirt from his college. Pack a nice picnic for two and eat in a park. I am happy to hear you are both strong Christians. (08/12/2010)

By garnetgirl9

Find out what his favorite old time hymn is, get that page out of a hymnal and have it framed. Make sure you date it and add a personal note in with the picture. Also, go to a music store, I'm sure they would have some great ideas too!
Good luck. (08/14/2010)

By sweetie6116

Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdaySeptember 18, 2010
Woman giving her boyfriend a gift.
Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
boyfriend and girlfriend
Gift Ideas for Boyfriend's 19th Birthday
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Gift Ideas for a New Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
🎄