Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Wall Colors For Room With Burgundy Colored Carpet

Pin It

What color should I paint the walls in my living room? It has a deep burgundy carpet and a red brick wall with the flat TV screen on it.

By Deanna

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Judy = Oklahoma [57]03/29/2010

I have a pair of sheets from the 80s. The fitted sheet has burgundy roses tied with blue ribbons on a very light gray background & the flat sheet is a dark charcoal color. I always wanted to do a room in those colors with light gray walls, charcoal trim & burgundy for either the carpet, furniture or accessories and maybe blue pillows.

By Colleen Stuchal [4]03/23/2010

My bathroom is burgundy and very light pink. I also use a seafoam green for accents.

By Marg [16]03/23/2010

How about a medium green with a slightly yellowish tone?
Marg from England.

By Sheilah Link [5]03/21/2010

Pick a tint of the burgundy, pale brownish rose, something that is the same color family, but much lighter. From the picture the room looks long and narrow, so something that will make the room look larger and especially wider might be best. It might help to paint the brick also. Built in cabinets on either side of brick might be a solution to give the room more unity. And a place to put things.

By OliveOyl03/21/2010

You have a lot going on in that room already so I'd keep the wall color very subdued. Maybe an ivory or bone, something like that.

By Litter Gitter [91]03/21/2010

I like the white.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Wall Colors For Room With Burgundy Colored Carpet

I am decorating a toddlers room that has a burgundy color carpet. Do you have any suggestions on wall colors?

Satiera

RE: Wall Colors For Room With Burgundy Colored Carpet

A friend has burgundy carpet in her son's room, and they painted the walls a beige color with white trim. It looked really good. (05/16/2005)

By Julie

Be bold. I think dark purple and deep golds and oranges work great with burgundy. You could go for a sort of Indian or Moroccan motif. Nowadays almost anything goes with wall colors. Choose some great paintings or wall hangings that integrate all the colors you use. Have fun. (05/16/2005)

By Mary

Dark green and cream colors. I have a room like that. I placed a dark green on the bottom, a chair rail that is painted burgundy and cream on top. I also painted one of the walls all dark green (no chair rail). Maybe you could do that with the wall that the bed goes on. It looks so nice. (05/17/2005)

By Donna

I would definitely keep it light and bright. Start with white walls. Add a navy or beige 12 inch strip about chair rail height, all around the room. Then stencil cars, trucks, road signs, etc., around this strip (for boys), or flowers, little animals, etc. (for girls). Be creative. You can hang pictures of family members above the strip, or start a theme of some kind. Have fun. (05/17/2005)

By Lisa

I think medium or pale pink walls for girls or light grey for boys. Then use different shades of pink for pillows, spreads, etc., for girls or black, burgundy and grey, for boys. (05/17/2005)

By tedsmom

A cousin of mine has burgundy carpet all through her house and in her daughter's room, she went with pretty colors of pinks, lavenders, and sage. The walls are light pink and a sage green chair rail stripe along the wall. Then she added small accents of burgundy in some silk flowers in cute colorful vases. She also took a plain burgundy pillow and attached pink flowers all over it. Then added pretty lavender floral pillows in girly designs. She then did a cute floor rug to match the bedding and brighten up the carpet. The curtains are sheers in pinks and lavenders. The valance is a solid pink with silk flowers attached. She gets compliments from all who see the room. it's very pretty.

For I boy I would go with a khaki colored wall and accent with navy blue and deep brick reds, would actually look really good with some of the sporty motif. Many have burgundy as the main color. (05/18/2005)

I'd recommend a latte or almond colour. It won't date and you won't get sick of it. (03/25/2007)

By halobaby

I think pure white or creams would make the room look elegant. Try using golds as an accent color. (07/30/2007)

By Kimberly

I painted my living room a rust. My entry way, I am thinking of painting a gold color. My rug is burgundy. (10/25/2008)

By Joann