TroubleshootingComputers

Unable to Print From Print House 4

I have used Print House 4 for many years and have loved it from the start. I am finding that something seems to be making it unstable as I am having trouble sending completed pages to the printer. The print spooler switches itself off and I have to repeatedly switch it on until I get the printing I want. As this only happens with Print House I am assuming this is the causing the problem.

I have all the discs and when my PC crashed I was able to re-install this and Photo House 3 which came with it. In desperation I purchased CorelDRAW thinking this was the upgrade, but the two do not seem to be compatible.

I am running my PC with windows XP and had to take Vista off my laptop in order to install Print House there too. Can anyone tell me what the trouble could be?

I am delighted to know how many of us are still with Print House as I think it is the best and use it for cards, calendars, bookmarks, and other gifts.

By Jen from South Africa

Although I don't use Print House for years I have had similar problems with Print Shop version, 10 and 11. I find the more windows I have open or detailed my project is the more trouble I have. My only suggestion is to save, save, save and be patient. At the first sign of any hesitation or problem I start saving after every change then at least I don't loose my work. At times I have had to close down and restart the program but at least my project is there to continue. Hope this helps.

I don't know Print House, but my Print Shop 22 has done the same thing. I have removed it and for some reason cannot get it back on - some file is missing. I have had this problem with Print Shop since I started using it - Print Shop 10 or so - every few years or so I have to upgrade...so this time I am not reinstalling Print Shop. May try your Print House...(thanks for letting me beef about it)