Accompany Your Children Trick or Treating

It sounds so simple and yet so few parents do it. ACCOMPANY your children around your neighbourhood. Not only does it keep them safe, it allows you to meet new neighbours and to promote goodwill with in your area.

Ang from New Zealand

Yes, it was fun. DH and I would take turns. We also had open house in our LR for R&R for parents and kids who needed a rest stop. Apple cider, bathroom, meet people every year. Put away the pets--it's too much for them. Some other families would do the same. One or two would go the whole route--haunted house.

My hubby takes our 2 young children trick or treating and I stay home to hand out treats. This has worked out well. When they first start out, I go outside with my handycam to film them....with the zoom I am able to film them down the block and it sure is fun to watch later. My tradition too is to always make a pot of chili on Halloween!

Child in Dalmation costume trick or treating.
Safe Trick-or-Treating
Holidays and Parties Halloween TipsOctober 25, 2005
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Beatles Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Making a Playing Cards Costume