Hair TipsBeauty

My Hair Is Falling Out

My hair is falling off. Is there anything to stop it from falling? I am young and this should not be happening.

Omayra from NY

Don't worry, there are many reasons your hair could fall out,1st it's normal to loose hair as it gets replaced with new growth,2nd it could be your under some stress which leads to hair falling out so try to stay stress free,3rd it could be some medications,

4th if its coming out in hand fulls each day go and see your doctor and he/she will do a blood test to work out why . I had the same problem when i was in my 20's I had a blood test done and it came back normal and turned out to be that I was under some stress at the time and on hormone medication for health reasons, my stress is now under controll and i'm in my 30's with no bold patches. Hope this helps, good luck and keep smiling :)

This can be a symptom of some medical conditions; you should probably see a doctor.

If it is truly "Falling out" in chunks (not just the normal stuff that comes out in your brush), you may have Alopecia's disease. It isn't life threatening. It basically means your body has developed an allergy to your hair. You should speak with a physician. I have known multiple people with this. Some have it for a life time. Some have it reverse after a time.

Investigate nutritional deficiencies. I believe Omega-3 might be one culprit, but I can't say for sure. Do your research about anything you find out, though, since many deficiencies are not detecable by blood test.

HTH!

Indeed as above posters said, if it is falling out in chunks you should see a doctor as to a possible medical cause. Diet (processed garbage),stress,hormones all have an effect and shampoo. Get an organic shampoo or natural shampoo bar and skip the shampoos claiming to make your hair beautiful as they all have chemicals.

Best of luck to you!

i was taking medicine for my cholesterol. my hair came just like yours. stopped taking the medicine and used olive oil every week. finally it came back

Your problem could be as simple as thyroid problem. Your Dr can check it out through blood work.

My hair is falling out too. I had a BAD reaction to the hormone in the Mirena IUD (my BP went so high I almost had to go on BP meds) & my doctor attributes the hair loss to hormones as well. I'm going to see a dermatologist next week (BP is normal but hair is still falling out). Is your hair breaking off or is it falling out (shedding)? You can tell by looking at the hair that comes out. If there is a bulb on oneend (you can see and feel it), it's falling out, if not, it's breakage. As someone mentioned, do an internet search on alopecia for more info.

HTH!

there are so many things that can cause hair to fall out but so many of them are important to your health more than your beauty. go to your doctor and get the tests needed and go from there.

celiac disease, thyroid problems, oh just too many things could be wrong. from the very simple to the very complicated.

Should you have no known medical disorders or inherited "pattern baldness", you might do as I have done. I both took and recommended to my sister's neighbor that she try for her Alopecia, BioZinc for every day one week a month to see if the hair grew back. I also tried with success, Horsetail root, and

now have both hair and nails. The neighbor has been forever happy to have her hair return being a 40 yr. old. She now has long fuller blonde hair. My own hair was balding at the crown and now it's normal

with NO sign of baldness. I also take a multi-vitamin with minerals, called "Complete" because one doesn't want to get out of balance. God bless you

and give you His wisdom as to what to do. : )

There is a product that I hear is very effective in patients with hair loss as well as in those trying to grow out their hair. It is called Viviscal. You can read reviews of it on Amazon dot com and other places online (Google search). I went to their website as well and saw pictures of balding individuals that regained their hair. I am thinking about ordering it as well to grow my hair out. I hope this helps.

What is Horsetail root?? Please ?

When I was in grad school and under tremendous stress I had alopecia areata where my hair fell out in spots. It could be stress? Take some nice long relaxing walks to relieve the stress. My hair grew back fine later though.

People who suffer from anorexia or bulimia do not have the necessary nutrients in the body to sustain hair growth.

Some prescription medicines can cause this. I had quite a discussion with my doctor several years ago about this. He hadn't told me what to expect, I found out about it online, and he told me a little hair loss was a minor side effect, and I sat there thinking this is a man who shaves his head, so of course a little hair loss would be minor.