Lemon Tree With "Sweating Leaves"

My lemon tree, which I bring indoors during winter, has the leaves producing a lot of glue like acid on the leaves. It looks as though it is sweating. Please advise.

Thnank you,
D.S.

Mine did that too, I thought it was sap - very sticky. Was thankful it was on ceramic tile - if it had been carpet - OH DEAR!

Mine did that and when I looked closely, there were brown spots under the leaves, some kind of scale I guess. I took a cloth and dipped it in some soapy dishwater and carefully wiped each leaf clean. This made my lemon tree very happy and it stopped crying and made new leaves and bloomed. Of course, my tree is small, so it wasn't so very hard to perform that task. I suppose it is the tree's defensive response to its attackers. (You would cry too, if it happened to you!)

Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesMarch 25, 2007
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Lemons growing on a tree.
Growing Lemons
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🎉
🎄