Wedding and Reception Locations in Dallas, TX

I am looking for inexpensive wedding site for ceremony and reception in Dallas, TX. Can anyone please help?

Ruby from Dallas, TX

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

White Rock lake has a great house for rent- look on the Dallas parks and recreation website. It is only 400$ to rent and they have tables and chairs, you bring your own food and alcohol. plus you have an amazing view. Wish we were getting married there, but we opted to get married at my parents home instead. Best of luck.

There is a wonderful reception facility in Irving called Receptions on The Main. It is in the Heritage District and they provide full service including linen, centerpieces, food, china, staff, etc. Their pricing is really great. Check out their website www.receptionsonthemain.com or call 972-259-2964.

Brookside center has rental prices starting at 35.00 to have to book through the recreation dept.

FYI - the Receptions on the Main has a new name, "Glory House Catering". But, I'm definitely going to look into them!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

September 2, 2008 Flag

I need some ideas on cheap, inexpensive venues for my wedding ceremony and reception (doesn't have to be the same place but preferably close to one another) in Dallas, TX. My fiance and I live in Shreveport, LA while he is in the Air Force. We are getting married in late September, because we just found out I am 2 months pregnant! We would like to be married before the baby is born and before he gets deployed to Iraq, sometime in early 2008. We have a very small budget, but still want a beautiful wedding! PLEASE HELP!

Cailtin from Dallas, Texas

Want To Get Married In Dallas

Answers:

Wedding And Reception Locations in Dallas, TX

Since your husband-to-be is in the Air Force, he should be able to rent a reception area in one of the local AmVets, American Legion, or VFW's for little of nothing. That's what we did for my daughter's wedding. The reception was sort of a casual luau buffet with borrowed slow cookers filled with BBQ meatballs and cocktail wieners. There were lunch meat trays, veggie trays, and fruit and cheese trays. Those ingredients were bought at a local Sam's Club. The decorations were from a discount greeting card store. The wedding flowers were from a local grocery store that had a floral department. They were beautiful and way less expensive than from a florist. My daughter got her dress from eBay and it was beautiful. A little planning and imagination will pay off. Good luck. (07/04/2007)

By mckaysatt

Eagles, Elks, Kiwanis, Moose...they are a bargain and they all have some sort of kitchen and dishes, seating, tables, all you need for a crowd. (07/10/2007)

By kimhis

Just went to a great wedding this weekend.

They set up the tables in the same room they were married in. Everyone took a seat at their table and the bride walked up between the center space of the tables and everyone watched from the comfort of their table. Then after the wedding music began, people served themselves. Several friends brought planned out covered dishes that were placed on an already decorated table out front and there were small white round wedding cakes on different types of pretty cake plates on each table. The cakes were placed on some toll with a small candle on each side. They were frosted white with a small fresh flower for color. It made the center piece and saved the expense of a large cake. The Cake on the bride and grooms table had 2 layers and ivy, very nice. This wedding was done on a small budget, one room for everything, family and friends pitching in. And, it was so pretty. Good luck and email me for more info if you like. croker92 AT yahoo.com (07/10/2007)

By Susan

Besides the above for eagles, elks, Kiwanis and moose, also try an American Legion post or knights of Columbus. Use the phone book for locations. These places are cheap, decent and for a good cause. (07/12/2007)

By pabk

Congrats on your Engagement. You may also try some of the Local Recreation Centers. And going to Sam's and getting your wedding is a great idea, they make good cake. I am a Certified Wedding Consultant and I have several new and used dresses for sale. Please let me know if you are in need. aenchantinggift AT yahoo.com...Good Luck on your planning (08/04/2007)

By

I would love to offer you wedding planning service. Please let me know if I can help you!

www.MySpace.com/SpecialMomentsCaptured

Thank you and congrats! (02/06/2008)

By Tiffany

Congratulations! Go to the knot.com. Or, some of my favorites are the arts district in Dallas, the summit ballrooms, la Buena Vida, Arlington hall at lee park. All these can be searched through their website, but these are my considerations. Take care! (02/22/2008)

By future mrs james

Please check out www.vipcreativeproductions. We have a lot of wedding services for affordable prices. Feel free to give us a call at 214-907-9575 or email us at infoATvipcreativeproductions.com (03/24/2008)

By VIP Creative Productions

Check out Winfrey Point on White rock Lake. It's very affordable and you are able to bring in your own vendors and catering. Also check out the Heard-Craig House in McKinney or the Carpenter House in Plano. (03/28/2008)

By Melissa

I just checked out the Rowlett community center off Kirby, and the Spring Park community center in Graland. If you know someone who lives in the areas they can rent it in their name to help reduce the costs. They are by the hour and the grounds are nice at both. You could do the wedding outside and the reception inside. The lower floor at Spring Park is nicer than the upper level.
Let me know of anything else since we are in the same situation.
At my sons wedding we got coupons from Dickeys BBQ and did the food ourselves. You can get their packs for a fair price with the coupons they put in the value packs that come in the mail.
Check out thrift and resale stores for wedding gowns.
lauraemcdonald(AT)tx.rr(dot)com (07/08/2008)

By laura

July 3, 2007 Flag

Where can I find a cheap place to have a wedding and reception?

Charlie from Dallas, TX

Answers:

Where ever you have it in Dallas, make it indoors! You know how the weather is! If using genuine flowers, ask the florist which are in season and the least expensive. Or make your own from pre-fab materials, and do it something like a month in advance because there is always something going on at the last minute.

Make sure each and every brother and sister (and their spouses) of the bride and groom have a flower or corsage for their lapel (don't ask - looong story) even if they are not participating in the main event.

If you are catering it yourself, I'd ask family and friends to bring over punch, punch bowls, ice, glassware, finger sandwiches... instead of gifts. This is one day you don't want to have to mess with the minute details.

By cookwie

Local church hall, YMCA, YWCA. Call local hotels as they might be less expensive than you think and already have the tables and chairs.

By cookwie

Look for: "wedding venue dallas texas" in google.

By cookwie

Have the wedding in your home. Invite family and a few close friends to it. Cater the wedding yourselves with help from family of course. Have a reception in your backyard or community room of your apartment building. If these don't sound good to you, elope and celebrate when you get back. Your family can throw the reception for you at their home too. Take plenty of video footage of the wedding and reception. You will love yourselves for it later. Well good luck.

By Tanya

I used a wedding chapel, my flowers were real plants that the family took home as a remembrance. I rented all the dresses including the wedding dress, and the wedding chapel provided everything for one low price. We got married at 11:30 AM and only provided the cake, nuts, mints, and punch. Then everyone went out to eat while we left for our honeymoon.
(04/28/2007)

By Tina

We were looking to have a out door reception and keep the cost down. Our family was worried about rain and the hot sun. We checked into our local hockey rink. Rental was $30.00/ day. We now have protection from rain and sun. Also we have a lot of space. We just need major decorations, for all that space.

By Nancy

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Weddings ReceptionFebruary 3, 2009
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Dallas Skyline
Dallas/Ft. Worth Frugal Travel Guide
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 1:38:22 PM on 10.0.2.203 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.