Compost Bin from Recycled Materials

Compost bins are very expensive and do not hold much, so picked up some free pallets and made one myself. I spent less then $10 on materials (3 hinges and a door handle), and I put the sides together with zip ties!

By Tracey from Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Top Comment

Yes, Tracy failed to mention the hooks, the blocks (Home Depot and Lowes recognizes them as concrete blocks, not cinder blocks, and the wire (shown is 1/2 .in hardware cloth, not chicken wire).

Still, I see it as a very low cost, serviceable little unit and Tracy deserves honorable mention for the effort.

It looks like there is a little more here. There is chicken wire, hooks and cinder block.

Home and Garden Gardening CompostingJune 29, 2011
Making a Compost Bin
Making a Compost Bin
Compost bin full of vegetable waste from a kitchen.
Removing Odors From a Compost Bin
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden