Raspberry Vinaigrette Summer Salad

This is such a bright, fresh, salad, made with any combination of fresh veggies, and "dressed" just before serving. It is such a nice side with any summer meal.

(Any or all of the following)

• Firm ripe tomatoes
  • Sweet onion, if you like onion,
  • Some sweet pepper, green, red, yellow, whatever you have
  • Celery
  • Cucumber, the burpless, with skin on is good
  • Some raspberry balsamic vinegar, and it doesn't take a lot
  • A little water to thin vinegar a bit
  • Spoon or two of sugar, splenda, or whatever you choose

This is so easy, dice each vegetable you choose to use into similar size pieces, keeping color in mind, and the combination of flavors. I always just start putting together some of whatever I have until it looks nice, and there is enough for those I am making it for. Just before serving, or taking to be served, as it was in my case, mix raspberry balsamic vinegar, a bit of water, some sugar or non sugar sweetener, and coat very lightly.

I kind of made this in a hurry one day when there had been a death from our church, and a meal was being offered after the services. I was asked if I could send something. I threw this together, and now it is the request at every dinner we have, and some "complain" that they have to hide theirs as they are setting things up in the kitchen so they can be sure of getting some.

Source: Really my own idea, and the raspberry balsamic is available at Wal-mart, not some big $ item.

By ljf Loretta from Theodore, Alabama

Woman Sprinkling Herbs on Her Summer Salad
Summer Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads VegetableAugust 14, 2009
Raspberry Jell-o
Raspberry Gelatin (Jello) Salad Recipes
Tuna Salad
Tuna Salad Recipes
Salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
Maple and Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipes
Cheesecake with fresh raspberries and sauce.
Raspberry Sauce Recipes