Take a "Go/Weekend/Travel" Toiletry Bag

If you're known to often just take off for a few days at the last minute but are not organized, this is a really cool bag to have on hand ready to go. Has all the basics. Beats shuffling around your things to put this all together at the last minute. Keep it in your travel bag and all you'll have to do is pack some clothes!

If you don't have samples of shampoo, lotion and body wash on hand, consider filling up film cannisters or small containers found at the dollar store with what you have at home. I usually collect all kinds of samples in advance to put kits like this together.

If you are going on a plane, consider storing these items in a ziplock bag so you can carry it on board. Check international/national regulations for liquid restrictions.

Female Traveler

• Travel size deodorant
  • Eyes Lips Face (http://www.eyeslipsface.com/) all over colour stick (good for lips, eyes AND cheeks!)
  • Mascara
  • Travel toothbrush/paste
  • sample packs of shampoo, body wash amd conditioner and lotion (or fill up small containers)
  • Lip Balm
  • Travel size contact lens solution (if using)
  • Also any vitamins or regular pills you use, store and label
  • Disposable Razor
  • Tampon or sanitary pad
  • Travel sewing kit / mini lint roller
  • Pain Reliever (sample size)
  • Nail File / Mini Clippers
  • Vial of your favourite scent/perfume (you can get one from perfume stores or make one yourself with your existing perfume, just wash vials which stored other perfumes and put yours in!)

Male Traveler

• Disposable razor
  • Small tube of Aveeno hand/body cream (good for face too because it's usually unscented and for sensitive skin!)
  • Sample packs of 2-1 shampoo conditioner (or fill your own bottles/cannisters)
  • Sample packs of Body Wash (or fill your own, they have body wash available now for hair and body! Check your local pharmacy)
  • Travel size deodorant
  • Travel size shaving cream
  • Lip Balm
  • Nail Clippers
  • Vitamins or pills stored and labeled (film cannisters can be good for this)
  • Ad
  • Travel sewing kit/Mini lint roller
  • Pain Reliever (sample size or a few stored)
  • Vial of your favourite cologne (you can get one from perfume stores or make one yourself with your existing perfume, just wash vials which stored other perfumes and put yours in!)

You can always add sunblock or other relevant items to you. I like to carry a little powdered laundry detergent so I can wash clothes in the sink when I travel.

Other items you could add: Anti Bacterial Hand Sanitizer, Sunblock, Powdered Laundry Detergent, Birth Control (or similar), Hair Elastics or clips, Band Aids, disposable pair of underwear, mini hear spray or gel.

HAPPY TRAVELS!

By Lisa from Halifax NS

I've used a kit like this for years. It's such a good idea. Dh was always rooting around for toiletries for his business trips, so I took him to the store, got him to choose a case, then we got his supplies. It makes packing so much easier!

At our house, it is known as "the bathroom bag" because that is where the contents are used. I include eye drops, otc allergy medicine, and a pair of old glasses, as I am blind without them. On a long trip, or one out of the country, I also take copies of my prescriptions. The bag stays in my suitcase when not in use. Thanks for sharing this good idea.

Red Toiletries Bag
Packing a Travel Toiletries Bag
Travel and Recreation TravelMay 27, 2008
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Man Using Deodorant
Using Deodorant
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎄
🍂