Removing Glue from Contact Paper?

I have some contact paper on kitchen wall I am going to remove, (been there forever) does anyone know how to get the sticky stuff off after the contact paper is removed? Has to be something non toxic, as we have a parrot and do not want to harm him. Thanks for any info.
Rose

Try rubbing the sticky stuff with a cloth with oil, it works well on the kitchen walls them wipe a dry cloth.

Try a hair dryer

Baby oil and a cloth, useful for most sticky things, like jars and labels etc

I use Goo Gone. That is a orange oil based product and it works great on sticker and price tag residue.

use an eraser

There is a liquid product called 'LA's Totally Awesome' that will work VERY well. Just today I used it on wooden dresser shelves that had a sticky residue from contact paper I just removed. Spray it on full strength & rub with a scrub brush vigorously. Then wipe with a clean cloth dampened with water. Rise cloth out & wipe, repeat, repeat, repeat. Let surface dry. Stickiness is gone! This product can be purchased at Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General, or any bargain store. The label reads: No acid, ammonia, or bleach. Non-flammable. It's amazing what this product will remove. I always have some on hand in my house. Sometimes I dilute it; sometimes not.

It DOES have a strong odor, so be sure to have ventilation for your own sake and your pets. Open a window and run a fan to suck the odor out the window. I'd cover the parrot and put in a different room with door closed while using this product. You'll love this product! Patricia

I tried the Awesome and it was slow going so I let the board dry after wiping it off and it was still sticky so I grabbed some lighter fluid and squirted on small amounts, I used steel wool and it came off very easily with little effort. To finish the project and have no lighter fluid left on the surface I wiped down the whole thing with Dawn Dish soap. It was clean, no residue and the coat of paint went on with ease and dried and looked beautiful. Be sure you work in a ventilated area although I noticed the lighter fluid gave off little to no odor.