Browsing: Cold Water Flow Restricted to Washing Machine

Washing Machine Not Making Cold Water

When I try to use cold water temperature for my washing machine, it barely trickles out but when I use warm it comes out just fine. I hope I don't need to buy a new machine. Any suggestions?

Rita in Wisconsin

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

This happened to me and I found that the mesh filter in the cold water line was clogged. To find the filter unscrew the cold water hose from the back of your machine and reach inside the opening with a finger and you should be able to remove the filter to clean it. Replace the filter and screw on the hose tightly. It worked in my washer which is a Kenmore. I don't know if all washers are the same, but it is worth a try.

Best Answer

Just a tip " SHUT OFF THE WATER" before taking off the hose. and have a bucket near by for the remain water in the hose.

Best Answer

I have the same problem The screen on the cold water inlet was clogged. I cleaned and replaced the screen works great for a month or so. I would like to know what is clogging the screen. its white fiber looking stuff almost like a fiberglass mat with a little brown in it Wish I knew.

Hi Rita,

Before buying a new machine, check the screen in the faucet. It may be stopped up. I hope this is the problem.

Do you have a water softener. If you do it probably only softens the hot water so you have a lime deposit in you hose or your water line to your washer. Take your hose off the cold faucet and see if there is a lot of build up around the conections. Clean them out with some vinegar or clr and that will probably help. Nan from N W Iowa

Take the coldwater hose off the back of washer, you will find a little screen inside the fitting, just clean it off. I don't know what the small particles are , but they do clog the water flow.

Check out www.inlinewaterfilters.com they have the solution.

refer to www.inlinewaterfilters.com

I bought new hoses for the washing machine, hot and cold. Still the cold water barely trickles out.

It could also have something to do with the water valve. This is the part that the hoses attach to. For more info visit http://www.apwagner.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=614

Cold Water Flow Restricted to Washing Machine
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesFebruary 4, 2005
Man Repairing a Washing Machine
Repairing a Washing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine
washing machine drum
Cleaning Hard Water Stains in a Washing Machine Drum
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:40:43 AM on 10.0.0.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.