Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus

I am a big time asparagus lover and the twist on this recipe found at Allrecipes piqued my interest to try and it was excellent!

• 2 sheets phyllo dough, thawed, sliced in half lengthwise
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Ad
  • 8 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Lightly brush 1 sheet of phyllo dough with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Roll 2 asparagus spears up with the prepared phyllo dough and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat until all the asparagus spears are rolled. Brush each roll with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake until the phyllo is golden brown and crispy, about 15 to 18 minutes.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Top Comment

Deeli, Thanks for this recipe. It was quick and very easy. I plan on making them for Easter Brunch. I should have let them brown a bit longer...YUMMY! I even left them out on the counter to see if they would stay crisp, 3 hours and I had to eat the last one. LOL! I made a sour cream and curry dipping sauce, but they were perfect without it.

Thanks Again,

Kathy

Top Comment

Deeli,

Another photo.

Thanks again,

Kathy

Thank you so very much for posting your photos, Kathy, and I am so glad you enjoyed and I am going to try the sour cream and curry sauce myself because I love curry! Thanks for the curry tip and the giggle that the phyllo wasn't 'crispy' on the first try. Oh my, don't we all have some minor disasters (and some major - LOL) on our first go round with a new recipe ;-) Can't even count how many for me over my cooking life LOL!

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesMarch 3, 2010
Asparagus in a Bamboo Steamer
Selecting Good Asparagus
Phyllo and Pomegranate Desserts
Recipes Using Phyllo
asparagus on wood cutting board
Canning Asparagus
asparagus on wood cutting board
Freezing Asparagus
🎉
🎄