Knitting Looms and Boards

I hope someone can help. I recently acquired several knitting looms but they are unlike anything I have seen before. They are round, pegged and no opening in the center (a ring of pegs in a flat board). I was told they were for making hats, scarves and even mittens... I cannot figure out how they work. If they were open in the center, I could see how they would work. Should I have a hole cut into it or is there really a way to use them?

All replies welcome!

Thanks!
Robin

Please email me if you would like me to scan a little folder with directions for a square loom with pegs. It should work about the same as your round one.

Marilyn

artistmp@cfl.rr.com

I would like to make a knitting loom. Does anyone have directions? Thank you. Please email to fox704@yahoo.com

Has anyone heard of the Wonder Loom? It was a large square loom, maybe 24" square and plastic with directions to make afghans. I would like to find them again. margareg@sdhc.org Thanks!

I would like to make a knitting board is there anyone that might have directions on how to make one. please email at alves203@wmconnect.com

Robin,

My Grandmother use to have looms like these that she made placemats and coasters with. I don't remember exactly, but you wind the yarn back and forth to the corresponding pin on the other side of the loom. First alternate vertical and horizonal in some fashion. Then to finish you tie and knot each intersection in an "X" fashion. This create design and holds it together. When finished slip off loom. I hope this helps. If I find real instructions I will let you know.

Teresa

I am looking for instructions for the yarn-a-round. I have been given one but I am not a knitter and I don't have a clue as how to use it. Thanks

got to http://kwon.relatedhelp.com/Iris/ you will find everything you need. I wanted to learn how to make my own board and I found this site.

In need of help. I have the yarn a round but have no idea as to how to use it. I no you go all the way around the first time but where do you go from there

I have seen many looms & boards for knitting -- this could be used similarly to the butterfly board system -- but sorry to say I've never liked that system. If I were you - I'd get the hole cut in the center!

I have one of these in my possession.

let me know if your interested.

you can contact me at leeleesuncatcher @ yahoo.com (remove spaces)

try dickrobison AT earthlink.net he posted very detailed instruction on how to make a knitting board. Also on this site, I posted some instructions on how to make a round knitting loom, and somebody else made a knitting rake, It might be under"make your own knitting loom"

also, most patterns can be converted from needle knitting to a knitting board. I bought 2 really great instructional dvd's ( I'm a visual learner) from an online store called Authentic knitting board. They also have free stitch instructions to print. Most link to each other, so you can get free patterns Hope that helps!

Crafts KnittingOctober 28, 2003
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Girl wearing a knitted hat.
Making a Hat With an Oval Loom
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
Finding Knifty Knitter Patterns
machine knitting a hat
Buying and Using a Knitting Machine
🎉
🎄