My Frugal LifeFrugal Living

My Frugal Life: Thinking Thrifty

Frugal living comes naturally to me. I shop at Goodwill and Thrift stores the way others shop at the mall. I try to think before I throw something away or donate it to Goodwill. My Frugal LifeWill I use it? Is there some other use for it? Could someone I know use it or need it?

When we moved from our old house, I found a large package of coffee filters I'd forgotten I had. I had since gotten a different style coffee maker. I know that several restaurants use them for washing and polishing their glass and windows! I also used some of them for separating glasses we put in the cupboard and china cupboard. I used up quite a few. Then it hit me, if I just folded them, they fit my new coffee maker just fine. Now, I will use them all up.

Thinking is the key to thrifty living. It's fun once you start and save a little. You will want to save more.

By Jewell from Van Wert, OH

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml