My Frugal Life: Thinking Thrifty

Frugal living comes naturally to me. I shop at Goodwill and Thrift stores the way others shop at the mall. I try to think before I throw something away or donate it to Goodwill. My Frugal LifeWill I use it? Is there some other use for it? Could someone I know use it or need it?

When we moved from our old house, I found a large package of coffee filters I'd forgotten I had. I had since gotten a different style coffee maker. I know that several restaurants use them for washing and polishing their glass and windows! I also used some of them for separating glasses we put in the cupboard and china cupboard. I used up quite a few. Then it hit me, if I just folded them, they fit my new coffee maker just fine. Now, I will use them all up.

Thinking is the key to thrifty living. It's fun once you start and save a little. You will want to save more.

By Jewell from Van Wert, OH

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here:

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeJune 11, 2010
Canadice Lake, New York Finger Lakes
Finger Lakes Region, New York Frugal Travel Guide
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living