Browsing: Canning Pie Filling

Sugar Free Pie Filling Recipes For Canning

Does anyone have recipes for Sugar Free pie fillings to can in "hot water bath" canner?

Debra from Hampton, Tenn

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You could try or I think freezing would produce a better product. But I don't see why you can't make your favorite filling using splenda or equal and can just as you would reg. filling.

Sugar preserves the food. Using Splenda while canning would not be safe because it wouldn't preserve. You will run the risk of food poisining.

Oops, sorry, you're right I forgot about that. Maybe you could use Splenda and freeze it. I like freezing better than canning anyway.

You do not need sugar. Sugar is added to improve flavor, help stabilize color, and retain the shape of the fruit. It is not added as a preservative. See the resources at the bottom of

Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling
Food and Recipes CanningJuly 10, 2008
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries