Looking for Prescription Drug Help in Ohio

This is Marissa from Ohio and I had lost my job due to illness. I'm looking for somewhere that can pay for my three prescriptions for the next 6 months. These are medications I can't do without and I'm afraid. I have no income and no place to turn.

Marissa from Ohio

Marissa,

Perhaps your Dr. can give you samples. Let him know your situation and perhaps he can refer you to someone that can help. At the very least, call the office and talk to SOMEONE there.

Good luck!

Mara

You can look online or ask your doctor for the number to the prescription drug company. My stepfather does this and he gets them cheaper and sometimes free. And it is a good idea to ask your doctor about samples most of the time they have some. Call your local charity organizations or churches and ask for help they will more than likely help you if you tell them your situation. Hope this helps and hope you get better soon!

I am not sure where in Ohio you are at, Manager is it possible to send her my email addy?

Check the makers of your meds.

Anyone can post their email address but we usually will change them to this format: address@provider.com would be changed to: address (at) provider (dot) com to protect your address from spammers that may be dredging our site for addresses. You can also send it to us and we'll see if we can get your address to the questioner. We do have Marissa's address so could forward a message to her.

-Susan

Contact your church or a church in your area. They usally have different teams of people within the church that help people in need. If they can not help pay for your RX's, maybe they can have meals brought to your home to take away your food bill. Or they may be able to help you with some of your utility bills. Another place to try is a local food bank or pantry. The one in our area will let you fill a bag of food once a month at no charge.

Call the drug companies that make the drugs you are using. Most drug companies have a "Medical Needs Dept". Where they will send a form for you or your dr. will fill out, and the drug will be sent to your doctor.

Medicaid and or a teaching hospital is also an option but the prescription drug companies are the best bet I think. My dh has been fortunate there also.

Marissa, my heart went out to you when I read your post. I think that you have gotten some very good advice from everyone else answering. My thoughts were to ask your doctor for samples and call the manufacturers of the drugs that you need. Almost all of the drug companies have programs to help people who are unable to pay. But more importantly, I wanted to tell you that I know where you are coming from--I have been in your position, and I am here to tell you that it will get better. The best of wishes to you, and if it is alright to say, I am praying for you.

Dear Marissa

U didn't say how old you are but I'm assuming you're not of retirement age? What about your unemployment benefits?

you can go to this site i am in the same boat as you medicade will not pay for my meds no more you can go here www.needymeds.com here you can put in the name of your meds and then it will give you the companys name and phone number so you can get free meds

I have a nephew in Iraq that has made friends with a young Iraqi man. The young man's Mom has Diebetes. She is having a hard time keeping her glucose level where it needs to be because she can't test. My nephew told his wife to see if they could budget a monitor & strips.The monitor isn't the problem so much, it is the strips that are so costly every month. So, I am trying to find help for this lady.

There is a company out of Columbus Ohio called Prescription Hope. They can help you get your medication for $7 per prescription per month. Here is there web address www.prescriptionhope.com and phone 877-296-4673. Hope this helps.

Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Ohio Christmas Charities
Glass Mansion Columbus, Ohio
Columbus, Ohio - Frugal Travel Guide
Prescription Bottle and Pills
Prescription Drug Safety
🎄