FurnitureCleaning

Dry Erase Marker on Wood

What can I use to remove dry erase marker stains from wood?

Kira from Milwaukee, WI

Try the Mr Clean Magic Eraser. That sponge works great. Haven't found anything it won't remove yet.

My daughter used washable marker (Laurentien brand) on my sons wooden Thomas set track. I'm sooo upset! I took some dish detergent and a toothbrush to it and that only lightened it. I have also tried rubbing alcohol and that didn't really seem to do anything, not that I noticed anyway. Does anyone know how to remove washable marker?

Best Answer

I'm only a teen myself and annoying little brothers drew on my wooden do not disturb sign and after screaming and scrubbing with water and soap I don't know how but after I covered the stain with Vaseline ( I used lip Vaseline but that doesn't matter ) left it for a minute then used a pencil eraser to rub it off, I rubbed for five minutes and the stain is completly gone! I Hope This helps

Louise X

Wow. I'm glad I found this thread. I just used a magic eraser to get marker off my dining room tabletop after trying vinegar, ammonia cleaner, water, dry erase board cleaner and anything else I could lay my hands on.

The magic eraser took some scrubbing but it's gone.

Lucky baby.

Anonymous

All you guys are missing it. What you do is this:

1. buy an erasable white board marker that is throw-away, as you'll ruin it here. Buy two to be safe and make sure you have enough to do the job.

2. Write over a small part of the dried markings with the new marker. The new marker 'ink' will dissolve the old.

3. Immediately wipe off the ink with a damp sponge.

4. Wait for the wood to dry.

5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 until it's all gone. If the marker becomes saturated with the old 'ink', use the second one.

I googled this 10 minutes ago because my daughters bright pink dry erase marker bled through a sheet of computer paper and stained my brand new solid wood diningroom table. I got lucky, I found a bottle of Spot Shot for carpets and after making sure it would not ruin the finish on the wood I tried it and the marker came right out! Spot Shot Carpet stain & Odor in the blue bottle saved my table (and my husband from having a mild heart attack). Hope this helps!

Nail polish remover works on my white board wood.

I found it helpful because I accidentally stained my furniture in my room. Now I have a huge hole in it now I have yo over it with my computer

I had accidentally wrote on my wooden dresser with a dry erase marker when I was writing on my board and I tried all kinds of things then I just decided to put hand sanitizer on it and let it sit for a minute then I rubbed it with a pencil eraser and it came right off !.