Christmas Holiday Activities

If you are needing any holiday activities, here are a couple I do. We did this last year and it was so funny. We had my BIL draw the back end of a deer without the tail (we call Rudolph) on any large sheet of paper; (ie: back side of gift wrap, freezer paper, etc). With a blindfold on and a large glove, you spin the person, and then direct him to the paper, and you hand him a bow with sticky on it, and he has to place the bow where Rudolph's tail would be, using only the gloved hand (pin the tail on the donkey). We give a prize to the closet and a booby prize for the furthest. You would be surprised where they end up.

Next game.. I have been collecting Christmas gift wrap pieces of paper for 20 years. I have a large container and these papers (they are about 1 inch by 3 inches, rolled). Each year I get papers from whomever and wherever I can, and add to it. Each year, they have to guess how many are in there.The winner gets a prize! I also have Hanukkah papers in there and 2 sided papers in there, and they have to guess how many of those are in there for another prize. There are NO 2 papers alike. People actually save pieces for me. But like i said, I have been collecting and doing for 20 years or better. But you can start this year and before you know it, you'll have your own container of games! The family looks forward to this little challenge, and they always think they can remember from year to year, but they can't, and they don't know when I have added to it.

Well I have to go count all those papers now as Christmas is just 2 days away. Have fun!! and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Source: My imagination at work

By SandyC from Vesuvius, VA

Last year, every person had to write a (funny) memory on an index card for every other person. It only had to be one sentence. Then, each person read their cards and the person who wrote it would elaborate on the story. It was the best christmas ever. We laughed for hours!

Holidays and Parties Christmas GamesDecember 30, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree