Using Less Toilet Tissue

Sometimes (especially for children), it's easy to use more toilet paper than you really need. Although I don't have kids, I've found I use a lot less toilet paper by keeping a bean bag (or something similar) laying on top of the toilet roll. The bean bag just needs to be lifted slightly when you pull off the sheets you need and it makes me conscious of what I'm doing!

By Peggy G. from Yulan, NY

Top Comment

I have found that putting the roll on backwards is also a savings, especially if a child has fun unrolling it. If it is on the right way, all the TP would end up on the floor. If it is on backwards, the child may keep rolling the roll, but it doesn't come unrolled. Squishing the roll so it doesn't turn as smoothly also helps.

Top Comment

Putting a wedge thin stick or something inside the roll pushing against the roll and holder will do the same thing too makes it harder to get the paper off, sometimes aggravaiting like in store bathrooms where they purposely do the same thing to conserve paper, but for kids it a great idea.

Top Comment

I have gotten into the habit of flattening my roll of TP before putting it on the roller. (This has gotten harder to do with the double and triple rolls but still can be done. Good upper body workout! lol) This makes the roll a bit harder to pull and it goes "thunk" as you pull so you automatically go slower. It saves paper because you are more aware of each thunk.

I don't want to think about anyone not washing their hands. If that never crossed you mind it's worth thinking about.

I have a better idea,I use a damp wash cloth all the time. Keep it on top of the water tank. Of course I take a bath every time I have to do # 2,"an old saying", this saves on T paper, good luck.

I do the same thing here at home. I am cleaner as well. Love it.

They mean put it on with the loose end to the wall or cabinet. If you have a free-standing holder it won't make a difference. Only with built in holders.

Hand pulling toilet paper off a roll
Using Less Toilet Tissue
Better Living Simple LivingJuly 8, 2008
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄