Entering Local Contests

Enter contests, especially local ones! I just won 2 tickets to a classical music concert through my local classical station! (at a $50-60 value). Years ago I read some article that said that local contests had better odds than national ones, so always enter them. It's true, by following that advice I have for the first time won things.

So enter every little contest you see, (especially since now they don't cost even postage if you do it on the internet!)

Can't win if you dont enter. ;-)

I do this all the time. I've won several things locally. Once a $500. gift card from a local grocery store. Another gift I won was a children's bike from Pepsi & another local grocery store. You can't blame anyone else except yourself, if you don't submit or register for these contests. I also win at some sweepstakes, not the ones that I do online, but the ones where I actually have to pay for the stamp to mail it in. What's the price of a stamp, if I win a prize??

I won an 8 hour use of a "bounce-house" (large inflatable bouncing room) during fourth of July, because I was the only one to buy 6 raffle tickets for 5 bucks! Our yard was to small, so we used our neighbor's lawn and planned an end of summer party. What a blast!

Even the internet sweeps aren't bad (though chances get slim.) I won a gas card from conoco phillips, but they ended up sending us two, during the real high prices in April/May.....hmm.

Wendola hit it on the head...

I just won a $40 ice cream cake compliments of Baskin & Robbins's "CAKE A DAY GIVEAWAY". In the past I've won a year supply of Pepsi products, a total of about $500 dollars in cash, gift baskets, DVD's, a mountain bike, and best of all a 1980 Town Landau, FORD THUNDERBIRD from a local Ford dealership! It absolutely pays BIG to enter contests and buy raffle tickets, even just a couple. Especially LOCALLY! Most of these items were won with no purchase. Maybe I'm just lucky? ;)

Winning Sweepstakes
Finding and Entering Sweepstakes and Contests
Consumer Advice FreebiesOctober 17, 2006
Cooking Contest
Tips for Entering a Cooking Contest
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Keep Dogs Out of Your Yard
How to Keep Dogs Out of Your Yard
Female florist standing in her shop.
Finding a Local Florist