Garden: Daffodils

I love gardening, and these daffodils are the first hint that spring is finally here! I spend all summer in my flower gardens taking photos as the blooming progresses.

By Susan J.

Garden: Daffodils

Garden: Daffodils

Beautiful flower, very cleverly pictured. Definitely a 'thumbs up'!

Marg from England

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Stunning, and would make beautiful framed art.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

March 30, 2011 Flag

I am known in my family as the "plant killer." I am unable to keep plants alive or grow outside. It's like I'm cursed. However, when I do get something growing, I'm awfully proud.

A quick story about these flowers. I bought bulbs but forgot about them. I think they were a year or two old. I found them in my garage all old and even molding! I said what the heck! Instead of tossing them out, I dug up a space in front of my home that looked really bare and stuck them in the dirt.

This is what became of them! What a surprise! Every year now they come up like a surprise and I remember that story over and over again. Each year the flowers come up looking prettier and larger than the year before.

By Lori from Oswego, IL

Garden: Daffodils

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 20, 2010 Flag

Garden: Colorful Daffodils

Bring a ray of sunshine of the Springtime into your home with daffodils. I filled a pretty blue/yellow pitcher with water and put a few drops of blue food color into the water. I dded the yellow daffodils with a sprig of azalea greenery and it brightened up my dining room table with a blue tablecloth and blue napkins on it.

The pitcher of daffodils sit on a blue round tray which also has a ceramic yellow bird, a small tea pot in the shape of a artichoke with a small bird on the top. The brightness of the yellow daffodils reminds me of the spring breezes and the anticipation of the trees budding out and the beginning of the flowers and God's creation to reveal itself to the yard!

By Jose from Collierville, TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes