Clearing a Sluggish Sink

How can one clear an extremely slow bathroom sink drain without using caustic chemicals?

By Jay from Reston, VA

I use a product called "Flow!" (I think it's only available from GardensAlive.com). It's made from a naturally occurring bacteria, which will eat through clogs safely. It's also biodegradable, kills odors, and is safe for the septic system. It always works for my slow-running drains in tubs and sinks and I like not choking on fumes.

Run hot water in it till it clears up, good luck.

Try with a mix of :

2 cups water + 1/4 cup vinegar + 2 Tsp. soup

Mix in a bottle and spray into the sink hall

Pour some Dawn dish detergent in the drain. Let it sit for about 15 minutes. Follow it with a kettle of hot water and use the plunger. Put your finger in the air vent or plug the hole so the plunger can get suction. Works for me!!

Thanks to all for their suggestions. I tried the vinegar and baking soda and detergent and hot water ideas to no avail because the drain was too far gone. Finally had to use the pipe wrench solution and clean out the trap by hand, which was filled with thick black sludge. I will try the suggestions for keeping the drain clear now!

after 3 containers of Drano....the thing that worked in the end....was plunging....plunging.....yes...drano probably loosened it enough to be able to be plunged...even tho it says on the drano bottle...not to plunge....I was desperate.....and it worked....

Hi, at your hardware store ask about a product that is a long flexible plastic rod that has little upward teeth on it. All you do is stick this down your drain and pull up. It is unreal what you will pull up, works great and no chemicals. Sorry i cant remember the name of it but they will know what you are talking about at the hardware store. Have a great day..Deby

I keep a plunger used only for my sinks. I usually put some Dawn or another grease cutter and add boiling water. After a few minutes, I use the plunger and it has always worked for me. I hate using chemicals.

Clearing a Clogged Bathtub Drain, Pulling Hair From Clogged Drain
Clearing a Clogged Bathroom Sink
Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingJanuary 19, 2010
Sink drain with water running into sink.
Clearing a Clogged Kitchen Sink Drain
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 28, 2017 at 4:47:52 PM on 10.0.1.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.