Shampoo As A Carpet Stain Remover

Shampoo from the Dollar Store or Aldi's is the greatest stain remover I have ever used. I washed and dried a pair of pink slacks with a grass stain on them. I covered the stain with shampoo and let it sit for a day or so. After I washed them again the stain was gone. I just couldn't believe it. If I'm not mistaken, I read this in Thrifty Fun. It removes grease with ease.

By schveiger from Homewood, IL

Great to use on clothing, etc. Just be sure to NEVER use anything like this on your carpet. Any detergent residue left in your carpet will attact dirt like a magnet and that spot will reappear faster than ever! I've worked in carpet for 17 years.

What kind of shampoo, as in the name or brand of it? Thanks!

August 31, 2010 Flag

Put 1/2 shampoo, 1/2 water in a spray bottle, spray the stain, let it sit for a minute or two then scrub lightly with a rag or brush. Most stains you encounter will come out!

By Stacey from Orem, UT

Shampoo As A Carpet Stain Remover

That is a tip that comes in handy because we have a new puppy. Thank you so much (04/19/2007)

By Cecile

Carpet Stain
Carpet Stain Remover Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsAugust 31, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet