Bake a Few Potatoes Ahead

Whether you purchase potatoes in bulk and they're coming close to their expiration date or you simply like short cuts for daily meal preparation, try this: Bake up a few taters ahead. After baking you can peel them (or not) and then cube, slice, quarter, mash or simply place them whole in to individual baggies. Store what you think you'll want for the coming week in the fridge and the rest in the freezer.

Source: I live alone and don't want to waste nor do I want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen every single day! This has definitely worked for me. :-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

I didn't know you could freeze baked potatoes. I guess you can though because I buy all those double loaded frozen potatoes all the time. Thanks. Maybe I will try freezing my own double loaded, say bacon and cheese. Hmm. Nice to have those on hand. There are only two of us so, like you, this is a great idea for us.

Thank you, thank you! I am a single woman here. I get excited when the baking potatoes are on sale in a bag. The grand-kids used to help me eat them up, but not so much anymorel. I wondered what to do when they start getting old. Thanks so much!

I've made these for years. You can also bake potatoes 1 hour at 375 degrees F, slice off top, remove centers, and mix with 1/4 cup milk (for 4 potatoes), 2 egg yolks, and dried chives. Top with grated cheese. Bake 20 more minutes. Freeze individually and pop in freezer bags. To reheat bake 40-45 minutes at 350 F, or microwave 6-7 minutes per two potatoes.

Baked Potato With Ham and Cheese
Baked Potato Tips And Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversApril 6, 2009
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
growing sweet potatoes
Growing Sweet Potatoes
🎉
🎄