Buying Wholesale Plants

I am wondering if anyone knows where to find wholesale plants?

Hardiness Zone: 4b

Jim from Faribault, MN

Are you looking to get into the business, or just looking for a price break on buying a large quantity of plants? Here is a helpful link to nurseries in the state of Minnesota:

To purchase plants at wholesale rates, most nurseries require a tax ID number and/or a nursery license. Unless you're in the business, gardeners are not allowed to purchase plants wholesale, or there would be no one left to buy retail. Still, if you are looking for hundreds of bulbs or a large number of one type of item it might be worth checking an individual nursery's policy regarding price breaks for buying in bulk. It has been my experience that the smaller, local nurseries are more willing to negotiate price breaks.

About The Author: Ellen Brown is an environmental writer and photographer and the owner of Sustainable Media, an environmental media company that specializes in helping businesses and organizations promote eco-friendly products and services. Contact her on the web at

You might try your phone book under Wholesale Nursery. I found one here in Indianapolis that way. They had unique species that the big box stores didn't carry for a good price.

You might check this place---I think the plants are free and you only pay shipping.

I am a master gardener with the state of Florida, and we regularly have plant sales. So try your local extension office and see if they have a master gardener program and plant sale.

thanks for the idea, i will make some phone calls? give me an idea of what you pay for plants? shipping? do you just order and pick up?

if i have some idea of what i am up against when make the call i will have some idea od what to ask them. get back with any other advice, ideas etc! appreciate your get back-jim.

try your county I live in Indiana, our county offers plants trees and ground covers at a discount and you can buy as many as you want. Conservation Dept usually call your county building they can direct you

Grocery Owners
Buying Wholesale for Resale
Consumer Advice Product FinderMarch 22, 2006
Buying Craft Supplies
Purchasing Wholesale Craft Supplies
Powdery Mildew on Plants
Treating Plants with Powdery Mildew
Strawberry Basket
Buying Strawberry Baskets in Bulk
Wholesale Fabric Warehouse
Buying Wholesale Fabric