Can I Use Fresh Cranberries in a Bread Machine? - Categories:

BreadFood Tips

Can I Use Fresh Cranberries in a Bread Machine?

Can I substitute whole fresh cranberries for dried cranberries in a bread machine?

By Randy from FL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You would not want to, as the fresh are too wet, and much too tart. The dried are sweetened with sugar and very dehydrated, so any recipe for the bread machine would take that into consideration. Most measurements have to be very carefully done, otherwise it will not rise correctly, or too much-too soon, etc. It is better to find a recipe and follow it, but not to exchange fresh for dry.

One thing I have learned from my bread machine is that there is not much room to experiment! Raw cranberries are very tart, and moist, vs sweet dry ones. If you find an exact recipe for fresh ones then use it. Good luck.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BreadNovember 25, 2009
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
bread loaf in a bread machine pan
Keeping Bread From Sticking in a Bread Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread