Ribbon Wedding Cake Topper
This fun and thrifty decoration is perfect as a topper to a plain wedding cake or as a wedding decoration. It uses Styrofoam, ribbon, paint, and a clay pot to make a mini-faux wedding cake. You can dress it up however you want, using colors that match your wedding.
Approximate Time: 40 minutes without drying time
- 2 inch Styrofoam disks (5 x 1 inch)
- Super Glue
- foam finish (Plaster of Paris, plaster, grout, anything you can smooth over the foam to make it smooth)
- very fine sandpaper
- white paint
- curly gift ribbon, large (purple, blue and pink)
- light pink paint
- clay pot (2 inch)
- Glue the two disks together using the superglue, in a cake fashion, one on top of the other. Let dry.
- Cover the "cakes" with foam finish. Let dry.
- Sand cakes lightly until the finish is smooth. Wipe off dust with rag.
- Paint "cakes" white, as shown in picture. Let dry.
- Glue the ribbon to the top of the cakes, as shown in picture. Let dry.
- Paint clay pot light pink to match ribbon, as shown in the picture and let dry.
- Glue cake on top of clay pot and let dry.
By Aysha from Boise, ID
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 5, 2016 at 3:45:11 AM on 10.0.2.179 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us