Magic Eraser Residue

My daughter used the Magic Eraser on dark painted walls. It has left a white residue. I tried going back over it with a sponge but it is still there. She made a few smiley faces with the eraser. We weren't smiling too much. Please help.

Jdeuel from Cincinnati

Contact the company and ask for their advice.

I had the same thing happen to me but on a table/bench seat and all I did was wipe it off with a damp cloth.

I will never do that again.

Zig

Are you sure it is residue? The Mr. Clean Sponge is abrasive and may have scratched down to the paint below. You may need to repaint. Good luck!

One rule that often works is 'like dissolves like' Try using a new Mr. Clean eraser to break up the white marks (try a small spot first so it doesn't get worse) and then immediately wipe off the residue. The eraser should dissolve the marks that are already there so that they can be wiped away.

Be careful with this product I had used permabond glue for my car window rain shield it leaked down on to the paint of my new shiny car. I went on the internet. People were raving about this pin that they had used on their car for the same thing. It took the glue off. Some where it told me not to, that it would scratch. I thought these people were aware of it, went and bought some.

It not only did nothing for the glue mark, but now have micro scratches all over my car very upset that I didn't listen to my inner voice that said "no, don't try it". It's not a cure. You may as well get a sponge and some sort of everyday cleaner just read the instructions very carefully.