How to Make Chop Mix for Birds (Parrots)

If you're not familiar with Patricia Sund's blog, check it out. She recently posted a movie about how she makes "chop", a variety of foods that are chopped up and mixed together that she feeds to her African Greys. Because I live in Nebraska, the choices are more limited than what she has in Florida, but frozen vegetables are okay.

This combination of rice and/or beans and vegetables such as kale, carrots, peppers, etc., cost approximately $10-$15 and will feed my African Grey for several months at one meal of fresh food per day. Also remember to purchase inexpensive sandwich bags and freeze it so that it will keep. My biggest issue had been getting my Grey to try new foods. As soon as I made this, she started eating it right away. It's now a once-per-day staple food and it's so good for her.

Source: Bird Talk Magazine, featuring articles written by Patricia Sund; also her blog at www.parrotnation.com

By Jenni P from Lincoln, NE

Homemade Parrot Food Recipes
Homemade Parrot Food Recipes
Pets BirdsAugust 20, 2010
Air Conditioner
Keeping Birds Away From Air Conditioners
Koi swimming in a pond.
Protecting Pond Fish From Birds
Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
Protecting Grapes from Birds
Chop Suey Recipes
Chop Suey Recipes
🎉
🎄