Share Crafts

Help Getting a Refrigerator

I am in need of a refrigerator ASAP. Mine went out two weeks ago and I have been buying bags of ice to keep what little food I can in there cool. I am a single mom with two young children on a fixed income and would appreciate any help at all with this matter. Thank you and God Bless.

Kris from Canton, Ohio

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw 80 1,753 09/23/2007

Check in the yellow pages of your telephone book under the heading Used Appliances or Appliances Used.

You can find some very reasonably priced appliances. My stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer were purchased at a used appliance store.

Most of these stores will deliver.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 09/24/2007

Try It is nationwide, and there is probably one in your area. You can look up the rules for the site and join if you wish. It offers things for free, and is a good source for both getting and getting rid of things. I got a bike for free from it, and got rid of a lot of things I no longer wanted.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Beverly (Guest Post) 09/25/2007

It is instead of .com.
Then find your state and click on it to find the group closest to you.

Hope this helps,

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Dana 1 123 09/25/2007

Have you tried calling any local churches? Some of them may be able to help you.

You could also check with your local thrift stores. In my area, the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) sell everything for half price every saturday, and some of them deliver as well.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By chris m (Guest Post) 09/25/2007

If you can get to a computer, go to
then you can go to
salvation army
good will

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Kathy (Guest Post) 09/25/2007

Freecycle is a great tool and so is Craigslist. Check them both out! Do any of your relatives or friends have a spare one in their basement or garage they could give up? Best idea... put out the word. Email everyone you know and let them know you are looking (and not picky!)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Debbie Dzurilla 28 1,124 09/26/2007

I agree with all these ideas but first check with all your friends and relatives to see if anyone has a spare frig they may not even want.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Estella (Guest Post) 09/26/2007

Here in Cincinnati we have an organization called People Working Cooperatively that gives new refrigerators and water heaters to low income people in need. There is a similar program across the river in KY, so there might be one in your town too.

Call your local City Hall. If the person who answers doesn't know, speak to one of your elected officials. Spend long enough talking to them that they understand your need.

This program also does home repairs, gutter cleaning, smoke detectors, etc. They brought me a brand new refrigerator and took away the old one. There are income limits, but they are very fair. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No