Decorating Fence Posts for a Wedding

I wanted to decorate our fence posts for my daughter's wedding with big bows. I have not been able to find the proper wired ribbon for the bows. Any other suggestions on how to decorate the fence posts? Their colors are black, gold and purple. Thanks.

By Diane from Gold Bar, WA

What kind of wired ribbon are you looking for? Most stores that sell craft supplies have wired ribbon in two inch widths. Otherwise you could wind garlands of ivy around the posts and put either a white or purple silk flower in the top of the ivy garland.

Also think about using tulle. It is very cheap and comes in colors. You cut the lengths, knot them and could even wire fresh or artificial flowers over the knots, then hang on the posts. Tulle is so easy to work with and will look pretty.

Most stores that sell gift wrap sell premade gift bows which attach with adhesive patches to the gift. I have seen some quite large (6" or so across) and these could be put on the post, and streamers attached, using thumbtacks or a stapler or staple gun.

Thanks for all the feedback. The ribbon I am looking for is wired. I was hoping to make a three layered bow for my fence posts. But I have not been able to fine black solid ribbon about 8" wide than gold 6" wide and than purple as my last layer 4" wide. Can anyone help me find it. My fence post are about 8" round, therefore, I need large bows.