Don Vito the Guinea Pig

Don Vito is a 7 month old short haired guinea pig. We adopted Don Vito a while back from a local petshop who has local rescued animals up for adoption. Don loves to eat and... hmm eat and oh eat. He also loves to talk to you. If you make little squeaks, he will reply every time.

By Michele from New York, NY

brown and white guinea pig

Hi Michele! My husband and I just came back from L.I.,,our daughter got married the 24th. It was wonderful...N.Y. is getting soooo crowded though, we moved south almost 10yrs. ago from Long Island, not far from Point Lookout, boy do I ever miss the beach!

Anyway, I wanted to tell you your guinea pig has got to be the cutest one I've ever seen, he does also have a friendly little smile going there! Thanks for sharing!

So big is he? He looks gigunda in the photo, but I'm sure he's not. Wonder if my two dachshunds......well, maybe not ;-}

I just love piggies and I love the name "Don Vito". It looks like it suits him perfectly!

Our current piggie is named Snickers because he is the colors of, what else? a Snickers bar.

He is the first piggie that I've had that is a picky eater. Eats only lettuce (red or green leaf), radicchio (his favorite and most expensive), carrots, celery leaves, green grass and hay. I give him the guinea pig seed mix, but he picks out only a few of the crunchies and leaves the rest. We've had Snickers for, I'd say, about 5 to 6 years now, so he is a senior piggie. I think this is the last piggie I will own, I'm getting too old myself!

Oh my gosh, he is sooo precious!!!

two tricolor guinea pigs
Guinea Pig Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesJune 29, 2006
Ebola Virus Test
Ebola Virus Charities
bank in shape of girl with pig tails
Creative Piggy Bank Ideas
Girl wearing a pig costume with a pink straw hat.
Making a Pig Costume
Cute Guinea Pig
Giving Vitamin Supplements to Guinea Pigs