Camouflaging A Scar When Wearing A Skirt

I want to wear a knee length skirt for the first time in 17 years. I was in a car accident which left my leg badly scarred. I had to have a skin graph so what I need is a suggestion on how to kind of camouflage it but still be able to wear my leg out. If anyone can help me out I will gladly appreciate it.

Marcia from Chicago, IL

Marcia, there is a product on the market named

DERMABLEND for that purpose. They use to

sell it on QVC, but haven't seen it in a long

time. You might google it and find out where

to get it now. It was even waterproof.

Or you could just wear your "battle scars" and

let everyone know that you can over come

anything that life throws at you.

Good luck. IMA

IMA has a good idea. The site for Dermablend is: http://www.dermablend.com/ I love to wear black nylons ... perhaps you could consider that. At any rate, God bless you and I know you'll come up with something.

I display a 6" scar on my leg with pride. The story behind it involves a barbed wire fence, and never fails to thrill my listeners. Ditto for the 3" one on my arm that involved a animal sneaking into my house. Why not be the center of attention?

My best wishes whatever you do,

Londa

My sister in law has a huge scar right on the front of her right calf from a car accident. She never covers it in any way and I can honestly say most people don't even notice it! It involves actually a large crater in the front of her calf that has had skin grafts, but can't be all the way "filled in". No one has stared or any thing else. She wears skirts and sundresses, etc. If you wear even suntan pantyhose, it really cuts down on the noticability of it. I think what is MORE noticeable is if you try to HIDE it!

I too was in a terrible wreck and a coma for 50 days.

I have a trach scar and other large scars that are noticeable too.

IF I notice that someone is looking at them I point it out to them, what they are and how it was that I received GOD's SIGNATURE on my body (which are of course my visible scars).

I agree with the others who suggest that you consider letting the scars be visible (guys shouldn't be the only ones who get to play the scar comparison game :)), but I can understand why you might like to start small. I was thinking about colored tights. Or maybe dark or colored pantyhose.

I agree with those who have suggested that you don't try to hide your scars (why should guys be the only ones who get to play the scar comparison game?), but I can understand why you might want to take that rather slowly, especially considering you've been hiding them for so long. I was thinking about colored tights. Or maybe dark or colored pantyhose. Maybe you could graduate to lighter hose.

Maybe an interesting skirt with chiffon underlay (looks like an elegant slip sticking out), or one with a cute ruffle fringe or trim.

When I was a child and had surgery on both legs, the doctor used a new technique that was supposed to heal quicker, instead of two straight scars I have two S shaped scars about four inches long. I would tell the other kids, when they asked about them, that my parents had me branded with our initial of our last name! I was a rotten kid, huh? It's a wonder that my parents weren't questioned about child abuse!

Years later, I was in a car accident and now have a five inch scar on one arm. At least this one is nice and straight! I am not ashamed of my scars, nor embarrassed. I am thankful that if that is the worst that is going to happen in my life, then I am blessed! And, I have found that most people care a lot less about paying attention to my scars than I think. If you have a big, beautiful smile on your face I promise you they will notice that and not any old scar.

You might also consider using the self-tanning lotions out there to blend in the scar...

you could try using stockings?

Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceApril 24, 2008
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Quick and Easy Skirt
Making a Quick and Easy Skirt
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Harry Potter Costume
Large Scar
Reducing Scar Discoloration
🎄
🍂