Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Uses For Ramen Noodles

Uncooked crushed Ramen noodles are great when sprinkled on chocolate or other flavors of pudding for a little crunch. Save the spice packet for making gravy or seasoning soup.

Use them instead of croutons on salads. They can be used on fruit salads as well as green salads but should be added right before eating so that they will not lose their crunchiness. They are also great as a stir-fry topping.

By Judy S. from Valley City, ND

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Use Ramen Noodles in Your Main Course

I make all kinds of meals using ramen noodles. This is one of my faves. Use the same type of meat as the seasoning. Make the ramen noodles as usual. Drain water. Fry your meat with the seasoning. Add noodles and Alfredo sauce to taste. I have also added mushrooms and cheese

Jenn

RE: Use Ramen Noodles In Your Main Course

My Mom would use ramen to feed us kids all the time. It's so easy to simply add some mixed veggies in ramen as soup or noodles. Now as an adult I make stir fry with ramen. (02/13/2009)

By Starchild in VT

RE: Use Ramen Noodles in Your Main Course

I use up all my leftovers with Ramens all week long at work. Cook the noodles in a bowl with the seasoning and some water to cover in the microwave and when done, stir, cover and then add the cold leftovers and they cool down the hot noodles to eating temp! Something different everyday! (02/22/2009)

By Terry

When my kids were little, I used to make them what I called a "stovetop chicken casserole." I used 2 or 3 packs of chicken-flavored ramen noodles and boiled them up then drained off all the water. I then added a bit of butter or margarine and the seasoning packet, along with a little extra garlic powder and mixed it all together. Then I added a small can (6-8 oz) of peas and carrots, you could also use a can of mixed veggies. Also, add a can of chunk chicken or an equivalent amount of leftover chicken and about a tablespoon of Miracle Whip and some shredded cheddar cheese. Stir to mix and heat on stove top until cheese is melted and veggies are warmed through. My kids loved it, and I thought it was quite yummy myself. Cheap, tasty, and healthy! (02/22/2009)

By bailegirl

When I'm making supper for me and the hubby, any time I make a dish with Ramen, I do not use all the packets. It gives me something to work with, when I need "meat flavor". (06/14/2009)

By DragonSlaveII

One thing I like to do is to take a look in the fridge and figure out what I can make. Many times the kids will walk around complaining "there is nothing to eat!" I love it when the kids say that. It gives me an opportunity to show them how to make something from nothing.

I don't say anything; I just walk into the kitchen and start pulling things out of the fridge or pantry and get to work. One particular day I decided the ramen noodle would be a good start. So I whipped up a simple soup meal. In a matter of minutes the kids came by just to see what I was doing. (09/03/2009)

By Rockfam8