Support For Foam Halloween Decorations

We have foam Halloween gravestones that have fallen over in the wind. They came with metal stakes, which have busted. My husband poked nails in them, but the wind still knocked them over. Does anyone have any ideas about bracing the gravestones so the foam doesn't break apart? Thanks!

Jessica from Waukesha, WI

I straightened out a heavy wire clothes hanger, snapped into two same sized lengths and stuck on the each side of the underside of the tombstone. Where I live we recently got high winds and to even my surprise, the tombstones are still there.

My DH used dowel rods (about 12" in length) He poked half into the ground and the other he then inserted into the center edges of the grave stone. He used care when doing this. I believe he used a warm wood burning tool to melt, fuse the foam around the support hole.

Could you glue something stiff to the back to stabilize it? You could use anything from stiff brown wrapping paper (like paper grocery bags) or needlework canvas. Then, when the winds come, they'll be less likely to break off their staking.

My sister in law nails them to a piece of plywood and uses stakes to put them in ground. The foam seems to hold up with the nails.

The ones I found to make say to make a well in back at two spots. Each about a third way in from the outer edges, deep enough for a piece of pvc to lay in. Glue in place. Then taking a piece of pipe, hit that into ground and set your tombstone on it in the pipes. On foam ones use a rotor tool like a Dremel to chisel the well out. It's suppose to be really strong holding.

I glued mine with concrete glue to concrete bricks, serves as anchors against the wind too, pretty brilliant of me i must admit .

Holidays and Parties Halloween Decorations OutdoorOctober 23, 2008
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Carving Foam Pumpkins
Carving Foam Pumpkins
Foam Cone Poinsettia Tree
Making a Foam Cone Poinsettia Tree
Writing a child support check.
Paying Back Child Support
🎄