JewelryCleaning

Cleaning Inexpensive Jewelry

I am looking for a way to clean my dollar store bought jewelry. I know it is cheap stuff, but I would like it to look good. Any tips would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

shazza46

plain ole dawn and warm water ,use a soft brush and dry with soft cloth...if u are sure it won't hurt the finish u can use amonia...but dawn is safe for even vintage jewelry....warm milk for bone / ivory/ scrimshaw...

I always use toothepaste to clean my inexpensive jewelry.Just squeeze avery small amount into your palm,add some water to dilute and then rub the item between gently between your palms and rinse and dry.An old soft toothebrush is ideal for rings,but do brush gently. Jan UK

I manufacture an ammonia free jewelry cleaner that is safe for all metals and stones. It does a fabulous job on costume and cheap jewelry. Just follow the directions. You can find it at reflectionsproducts.com.

I use a baking soda/water paste mix, works great with just a gently rubbing with a toothbrush and rinse with luke warm water.