DishesCleaning

Cleaning Burned Milk Out of Tea Kettle

My daughter boiled milk in my Revere tea kettle. It has only a 1 inch pour spout to access the interior, so there's no scrubbing possible. I've soaked it with Cascade Complete then rinsed with vinegar and water. Any other suggestions? Thanks so much.

By BaCY from Tall, FL

Try boiling a solution of powdered dishwasher detergent and water in the kettle for 10 minutes, then use a bottle brush to scrub as much as possible. Repeat if needed.

Pour white vinegar into the kettle and simmer for a while. Then rinse. If any reside is left, try using some small clean gravel like aquarium gravel with water and shake around then rinse again. We use the gravel trick to clean out bottles that brushes don't fit in.

Go to the store and purchase CLR. Let it soak in it, remember to swish the pot often when it is in there. This is a great cleaner for many things, including my old teapots.

Good advice! But since your daughter made the mess, I would show her the solutions and get her to clean it! Then she won't do it again!