Home DecorCrafts

Making a Lampshade

Category Home Decor

How do I make a lampshade or cover one in a clever motif?

Rose from Benson, AZ

Here is a photo of a lamp shade covered in ribbon. All you need to do it tie the ribbon at the end of the shade. No sewing, no glue. Very easy.

I once put random buttons on a lamp shade to dress it up and it looked wonderful. You could also just trim the shape with ribbon that runs around the top and base.

I took a large piece of newspaper and marked my shade laid it on the end of the paper and then traced along the top and bottom of the shade as I rolled it along, until you get to the mark on the shade then stop and you should have the pattern for your shade. Cut it out of the paper and see if it fits the shade.

You can trim it a little to fit. You have to start on the bottom of the paper as the shade will roll to the top. Then use this pattern how ever you want. Material or what ever. This doesn't work on all shades they have to be plain and round. I recovered 3 shades and saved a bunch of money.

How do I make a lamp shade & where can I but the materials? I do not want to know how to cover or decorate a shade. And show photos of process. by Stephani

I know this is an old post but I found a lot of links on Google, including some videos showing step by step.

http://www.goog  king+a+lampshade

Just in case anyone still needs this info, follow that link and find a lot of info.