Arm Protectors For Carrying Wood

When we use our wood stove to heat our small house, it is warm enough that I usually just wear t-shirts around the house. We keep the wood in our John Deere gator right at our back door so all I have to do is step out take two short steps and grab the logs. Well, since I have bare arms, it poses a problem; the logs are hard on them and I don't want to take the time to slip on a coat.

To save getting scratched, I keep the sleeve of an old sweatshirt beside the door, it is quick to slip over my arm as I step out to grab an armful of wood. We don't like to store more than a couple of extra logs inside because I am very allergic to bug bites. We have one of those carriers but with our small house we feel it works better for us to bring in a couple at a time.

Using the wood stove saves us right at $100 a month and using the dead wood helps clean old trees up, making room for new growth. The man we get our wood from is retired and what little he makes selling us wood helps him makes ends meet, so we are glad for that. What we can save on our nation's energy helps us all.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Anonymous

Good tip Latrtar! I am so jealous you are able to simply wear t-shirts inside during the winter and reminds me how I truly miss the wood burning stove home I once lived in!

Great Idea! Thanks for sharing!